All throughout sixth form, university and my working life, I’ve been given millions of pieces of advice when it comes to writing the perfect CV. A lot of it was contradictory, and sometimes I get confused about what to include and what to leave out.
However, during the recent Retail Appointment Live event, I received some really useful help with my CV, and left me thinking that it’s actually very simple. Here’s some of the advice I picked up from retail recruitment agencies:
- Keep it basic – short sentences with simple language
- Use key words, like accuracy, time management and organisation – but don’t go overboard and make sure it still make sense!
- Quantify things – instead of ‘used photoshop’ say ‘used photoshop daily’, and include any impressive figures e.g. sales
- Focus on achievements in each job, rather than lists of duties
- Put job titles in bold or make them…
View original post 184 more words